Drink
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 102682
Vehicle:
... ripper's
sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxturboracer86 View Post
Considering the other mods, there will probably have to be a few major adj made to safely run the map, especially the idle w/ the cams he has there will be some different settings...but i wont argue it would def be a good starting point if you dont have any good local tuner
It will work just fine with a mild 264 setup, the idle is set @ 1000. The helix injectors were awfully slow and it was the only way I could keep fuel running when I came to a stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sense of nature View Post
Cool, any chance on DrinkAv8 being @ the next thurs meet?
We missed you last one
Sorry I was pretty tired on Thursday. I won't be going to the meets if they are at PnL from now on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fongers View Post
Drink, thx man and I definitely have your 2 build threads as a reference too so double thx man (your's and Jim's cars?). I'll email you in a sec about the map.

I think the oem head gaskets are all made from the same stuff as it is metal as well, just different thicknesses? At the very least, I've seen a few folks mention using the updated rs gasket for lower compression as I plan on running high boost eventually (25-32). Anyone else wanna chime in if this is safe or not as the heads have not gone on yet?

Oh yeah, I gotta egt and a WB02 as well on the car. I was just stupid and was running it ~1750 for more than ten seconds at a time.
Cool deal bro . I will shoot that map over to you in a few here, I have two you can try.

I believe the composite is the same as far as HG goes (vs. the STi), but the amount of layers are differnet IIRC. It's been a while since I took apart a RS. Most cometic enthusiats suggest a .58 thickness, so that can give you an idea of where you are going. I will take a micrometer to an OEM STi gasket later today if I get a chance.

From what I have seen, if you have a turbo that can flow 30 psi efficiently, headgaskets eventually blow. That's big power territory and you may want to look into O-ringing the block and fitting some oversized studs.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Drink is offline   Reply With Quote