Scooby Newbie

Member#: 153745
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2006 wrx limited
silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilverFox View Post
Don't you think it's suspicious how they need a Long number with letters in it that matches the car DIRECTLY to you, JUST TO GET YOU SOME PARTS????

yes, parts change, but only FROM ONE YEAR TO THE NEXT. After the car is made, the bolt size doesn't just mysteriously change.

so No, i will not give my VIN number out to some kid behind a desk to get me parts. Would you give out your social security number to buy groceries??? It's the same thing in theory. That VIN # is like the cars social security number. Everything can be tracked by using it. Keep playing the odds, and one day you might regret it. Which is why I refuse to just give it out for something mediocre such as a car part, or just to look up and item in stock. It's getting ridiculous how our privacy is getting abused. And most of you are ok with it. What a sad sad day.

--J
p.s. you suck. parts dont mysterously change, go to a local parts store and ask if they have any vehicles that have year breaks. they will say yes...i know this cause i work in a parts store and just because it was made in a year doesnt clarify what parts are on it. vehicles have changes and upgrades in parts, it happens to almost every car at least one time in the stage of years it was made. water pumps for instance, Ford made a truck in the early 90's that had 3 different water pumps on it because of changes in the year/which warehouse it was made in. I have been in the auto parts business for over 4 years and know that things change like that all the time
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.