Scooby Newbie

Member#: 40192
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
04 STi
Blue/Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRice View Post
The only way you are going to be able to make that kind of power is if you rev the motor out to 8k+ RPM. You will not be able to do that with a stroker kit.

The 40R is still somewhat unproven. The 4088 is a turd turbo that is not worth anything for high boost. The 4094 looks great on paper, but I've heard it spools like a 42R with way less power....might was well get the 42R then. The 35R will make 600whp if the appropriate accompanying mods are done.
I wouldn't put down the 40r so quickly, it's still unproven in the subie market but does fairly well elsewhere, and we are just starting to see them used on the ej series engines. Hell, i think there are less than a dozen subies running 40r's on the forums, if not in the country, I remember people were even skeptical of the 35r's a while back.

The OP still hasn't said if he wanted 600awhp on pump gas, race gas, blend, meth, etc , that would make all the difference in what kind of compression ratio he wanted the motor to be along with what turbo he would be using.

Along with Axis, I would look at AR Fabrication, they have good experience building higher reving motors and also like to use higher compression pistions to help give a more responsive motor, especially when looking at turbo's this large. You may even consider destroking the motor to raise your redline.

Also, at the moment I believe Buschur stopped selling his modded fuel pumps so it may be hard finding one of those, may just have to mod a pump yourself.

Someone mentioned an exedy tripple plate, if this car is going to be driven around more than just on the track I would consider a clutch that AR Fabrication worked on with clutch masters, it's a single 6 puck that is supposed to be extremely drivable and also handle a good amount of power.

As far as the H6 motor is concerned, I would see a lot of time/money in wiring that motor up alone, not to mention the actual build, I could easily see why the bill would be in the $25k range.

Randy
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
scoobyless is offline   Reply With Quote