View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 02:57 PM   #1
sko081
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 84448
Default 10 second Subaru - shaft breakages

I have a 2004 WRX modified for drag racing. It has an AXIS Racing 2.5 engine and a Tony Rigoli performance Auto Transmission. I just broke my 2nd driveshaft shop Level 5 axle in less 10 days. We just raced the car in 2 events as the car was finished about a month ago. First event was about finding the right setup and we just did 12sec runs but last weekend I run 2 times 10.9. The car has great potential as with the help of Sam Rigoli we bought all the best parts possible and we are aiming to run in low 9s. Does anyone know if it is common to break the driveshafts shop axles so easily? They guys from driveshaft told me that the ESX car never broke one so I cant understand how it is possible to break 2 800bhp shafts in less than 10 days when launching the car. We are launching the car with 80bhp nitrous, 8psi boost and at 4400rpm. Our best 60ft was 1.60 but we must run at least 1.3 or 1.4 to be happy with our launch.

I know in the USA there are lots of 9sec Subarus so please can you help me with this problem. I am from Malta in Europe and this is the first Subaru we are modyfing and there is a great fight between Japanese cars who runs first in the 9s. Right now there is an EVO who runs 10.1 but I wish it is a Subaru who breaks it first. For modifications the list is too long to mention but everything you can think of was changed and modified. The engine right now is producing over 800bhp with nitrous but still not at full power as we still run with just 30psi boost and just nitrous used for launching and swithched off during run.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sko081 is offline   Reply With Quote