Scooby Guru

Member#: 71092
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 2.5RS Wagon
Regal Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-6STi View Post
So the bolt pushes the knuckle in the direction of the large 45 deg. big tab under the bolt head ? If the large tab and arrow are pointing in opposing directions, then there is NO change? The bolts can really only push the knuckle in the direction of the tab ?
Absolutely correct!

Quote:
If the Specialty Product bolts are in the bottom strut hole and the tab is pointed in towards the motor then I am losing neg camber?
Yes. If you are pushing the knuckle in at the bottom, you are pushing the wheel more straight up and down.

Quote:
From the way this reads it contradicts the printed directions, which say for neg camber point tab towards motor...

Am I just confused ?
In this case, directions suck. I've now read the directions repeatedly from 4 different companies and they all are confusing or wrong in one way or another.

Just take a step back, think about what you want to achieve, and think about how to do it. To make negative camber, you want to push the bottom of the wheel out, and the top of the wheel in. So in the top bolt hole, you want to push in, in the bottom bolt hole, you want to push out. The bolt pushes towards the large 45* tab. The bolt pushes most when the arrow on the bolt head points at the large 45* tab. The bolt is easiest to fit in when the bolt head arrow points away from the large 45* tab.

Basically, point the 45* tab the way you want to go, spin the arrow away from the tab, get it all seated down in the clevis hole making sure you don't squish the little 90* tab on the inside, tighten it down a bit, then spin the bolt around so the arrow points to the tab on the washer.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
williaty is offline   Reply With Quote