Scooby Guru

Member#: 115154
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 Outback XT
White on grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazerarizona View Post
The car does seem stiffer stock than my old 98 GT, which had a Cusco strut brace installed. Maybe you're right, my money would be better spent elsewhere, perhaps on a stiffer rear swaybar (which I've heard does improve the handling significantly) or maybe some lowering springs. Aren't the stock front swaybars on the 03 GT's big enough? Any suggestions??
I'd go with the swaybar first if you're on a budget. I do midpack in STS and that's my only real suspension mod after azenis .

The big advantage is that it's easier to install, so you can do it yourself...the thing with springs is that most of the money comes in the installation, and then you might as well do shocks, tophats, camber bolts, etc. etc. It can snowball pretty easily (from personal experience)

Stock on all BE legacy's is 19mm IIRC. I think the JDM B4's got 20mm, but don't quote me on that. You can get the Tribeca 25mm front swaybar for like $60, which apparently works with a lot of N/A cars; you'll need to get different bushings (or drill out your stock ones) and upgrade the endlinks too.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
rougeben83 is offline   Reply With Quote