03SuBbYWrX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 122785
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2003 WRX- ej257 swap
w/ TD06H 20g 8cm

Default STI cam or wrx cams in 2.5L swap. None AVCS...Please Help

Ok this might seem like a dumb question to some of you but i need to extra feedback. I recently melted a piston to the cylinder wall in cylinder #3 and snapped the rod and some other funky stuff. I am doing an Brand new EJ257 swap with stock 2.0L wrx heads but im wondering weather it's worth it or not to put in sti cams. I realize that if i don't do the sti cams my power band will be shifted way to the left and ill have mass torque but a loss in hp. I do not have the money to do AVCS right now. I guess my question is, is it worth it to put in sti cams to even out the power band. Will i see more improvement with leaving the stock wrx cams in there or spending the extra money to put sti cams in there and having my local shop modify the cams so they will work without AVCS. I have an APS SR30 turbo, turboback cat-less exhaust, cat-less uppipe, fuel pump, bigger injectors, GM boost silinoid, intake, turbo inlet hose, turboxs top mount IC, Turbosmart BOV, STI Type RA gearset, ACT Performance Street Clutch, and an ACT lightweight flywheel. Please help need to know quickly.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
03SuBbYWrX is offline   Reply With Quote