kooyaa
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 14350
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX STI
WR Blue

Default Insomniac Poster

So I guess this is now the official SCIC Hip Hop thread. (I hope it doesn't get bumped to OT!) I will definitely check out that book. Thanks for the tip Grant.

I would have to partially disagree with the statement that Dre is ruining hip hop. There is plenty of good hip hop out there, but it's not being played on the radio. There is music out there that resembles hip hop (Ludacris, P.Ditty, Nelly) but it is meant for a different audience. Most people aren't looking for artistry or political statements in their music. True hip hop heads will always covet the real ish, on cassette and on wax. And I like freaking girls to the mainstream stuff at clubs.

Oh, and to keep this on the SCIC tip, I heard Blackalicious is performing tomorrow. Anyone going? I wish I could, but I'm in the middle of finals. MTV2 is totally blowing Blackalicious up, there's a commercial for the album and everything. What's up with that?

"The next time you wanna be a hero/ Try saving something other than hip-hop/ And maybe hip-hop will save you from the pit stop"
Aesop Rock: Save Yourself
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
kooyaa is offline   Reply With Quote