bradlgt21
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 122136
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2006 Legacy GT
Regal Blue Pearl

RULES & REGULATIONS

From the get-go, if you participate in this autumn drive, it is assumed you have read, understood and agreed to the rules and regulations listed below. In no specific order, here they are:

1) Absolutely NO useless, stupid, unnecessary display of horsepower - whether on the road or in the parking lots. Meaning: no scoobynuts, no accelerations, no exhaust sounds and whatever else fancies your mind. This isn't the time and place for "mine is thicker and longer than yours".

2) By and large, the posted speed limits will be obeyed

3) The running order in the motorcade will be assigned for the most part via a lottery system and will be respected for the entire length of the trip. Depending on the number of attendees, I may assign a few cars for different tasks - such as recon and caboose but the bulk of us will be assigned a running order based on your very own luck. You pull a piece of paper out of a hat. This way we keep everyone happy. I will also try to judiciously place GPS cars at regular intervals in case we do get split up at some intersection. But for that we also have a front and tail end car with radios so we know when to slow down or pull to the right.

4) Recon and Caboose - if it is just 4-5 cars going - then no need for that. If we end up having 10 cars or more...I will assign a (several) recon car and a caboose car - always in radio contact with each other and with the rest of us. Their purpose is to make sure there aren't "enemies" up the road or pacing us. These people should have detectors and navigation and definitely will be chosen from among those who have proven leadership in the past.

5) Walkie Talkies. I recently went to Indiana with a bunch of friends and we all kept in radio contact via walkie-talkies. They are awesome. If there is anything up the road that you may wish to warn fellow drivers, I tell you dialing up the number will take far too long and you can only call one other person - NOT the entire crew. If any of you have walkie talkies, please bring them, charged and with spare batteries.

6) Common Sense : Please make sure you dress up accordingly - warm clothes but in layers. Make sure you have a few snacks and your favorite energy drinks. Perhaps a blanket to put on the grass and sit down when you cuddle up your GT or STI neighbor. Bring along whateevr medications you need. Whatever floats your boat - whatever you think you need.

7) Car Care: Make sure the car that you bring along for the ride is in good mechanical condition. No time for boost leaks diagnosis and tire inflation. Make sure you show up with a full tank of gas.

8) Following every hour or so of driving we will take a 5-10 min break for pitstops.

9) Camera & video I know some of us are excellent with cameras and video recordings. No need to drop names, but please set up your ride accordingly if you are coming along. We should grab some video of this trip - while on the road and stationary - and we will make sure when we get over there in some hilly, wooded terrain, we will take pix that will make the So-Cal club envious.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
bradlgt21 is offline   Reply With Quote