View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 02:13 PM   #16
FaastLegacy
Scooby Guru

Member#: 11671
Chapter/Region: SWIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Complex View Post
If you'd ever been out at an event like this, you'd understand the need to keep the locks on things. The typical happening of underregulated events is that the frontrunners disrupt things (because they're the fastest/most aggressive) and everyone else gets pulled over, ticketed, etc because of it.

I applaud the regulations and think they definitely have their place, especially when you open up the invites to a much more diverse crowd, much more likely to have the young and stupid interested (ok... old and stupid is possible, too).
Not saying I disagree, I just think it's funny that it's managed down to the position every car has in the convoy. I've seen various local meets go awry, meets that weren't vehicle specific. One meet in particular, half the convoy got split up and didn't know where the other half was going, and then someone got the bright idea to stop the entire convoy of 50 or so cars at a tiny gas station, inundating the parking lot. Then of course during the middle of the cruise, they decided to stage impromptu drag races *while* the cruise was ongoing.

But yeah, rules are needed, I agree.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
FaastLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote