Scooby Guru

Member#: 44501
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
1984 That's *Sir*
Weinerlicks of Douche 2u.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant Autospeed View Post
There is no 1-2 second delay on it. If there is, its not adjusted properly and is sticking. Its a mechanical device, there is no timer. It doesnt release after 1-2 seconds if its working properly either, it will hold pretty much indefinately until you lift off the clutch pedal.

I used to think they were stupid as well, and I hated mine, then I adjusted it properly and you never even know its there till you stop on a hill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyMohawk#5 View Post
This man speaks the truth
I'm going to put this in large letters.. not because I'm yelling, but because it needs to be noticed in this thread:

The Hill Holder device is completely different on the 2008 Impreza. It is electronically controlled via the brake system.. no longer a valve on the master cylinder as it was in the previous system still used on the 2008 Forester. It works completely differently and should never need adjustment.

I hope that clears a few things up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeythejew View Post
I think subaru also had it on one model some 20 odd years ago.
I'm pretty sure it was on all the models 20 years ago. There were a lot of complaints from the Subaru faithful when it started disappearing with the introduction of hydraulic clutch actuation. It was extremely simple when the clutch was still cable operated.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Calamity Jesus; 10-12-2007 at 10:44 AM. Reason: aross has the info!
Calamity Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote