View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 03:32 PM   #280
grethi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 146290

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceComp Engineering View Post
..its funny you should ask..........yes it is a Porsche code. "Carrara" white.
It just looks a lot brighter than my "Pure White" L model. I was into aircooled flat-4s and flat-6s long before I ever took a look at Subarus. One of my favorite cars in a '75 Carrera (that one is spelled with an "e") in Hawaii that's painted in Arctic white and sitting on factory chrome racing rims. All polished up, it's absolutely stunning. It's the car that made me want a white car.

"RoW" lenses with clear turn signals only go so far in my book. With the black RS I considered getting, or the Sedona Red OBS I would've bought, I wouldn't have thought about it. A white one? I don't know.A few weeks back I saw a pre '97 L sedan at Fred Meyer's; the nose was "White Out;" there was no color anywhere. It looked ugly to me; I couldn't wrap my head around the lack of contrast in the appearance between white paint and white lights.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2470968

This is also why my other flat-4 has red paint and amber turnsignals. To me, it just looks better without endless red without definition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poormansporsche
I think you should do blacked out turn signals and black vents for that porsche look. Hella contrast. Looks hot.
I'm not quite sure what you're talking about... do you have a picture?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by grethi; 10-22-2007 at 04:11 PM.
grethi is offline   Reply With Quote