View Single Post
Old 05-20-2002, 10:31 PM   #19
Tusin
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 17074
Vehicle:
01 VW Jetta 1.8T
White

Yes I probably dont have to rev so high, but I have to slip/feather the clutch, I can not dump it. Even tho I have never owned a VW before, Code-7 (And I am guessing the other guys, because I have never seen them in the 1.8T forum) have never owned a modded 1.8T, it is nothing like the Vr6. The only thing that is the same is the ****ty Susspension, lol. I am not going to try to Dis the Vr6 and up the 1.8T or anything like that, but the 1.8T is quite a bit more powerfull then the Vr6, slap a Turbo on the Vr6 and we are talking somthing differnt. But seriously what your saying is kind of like comparing a 2.0 to a Vr6, with a 2.0 you can just dump the damn clutch and go (Not really any power to make you spin or hop) the Vr6 you can proably get away with dummping or a slight slip (Keep in mind I have never tried to launch a Vr6, launched a 2.0 a few times). The reason that I hop is that I have quite a bit of tq. More then a Vr6 will ever see with out alot of internal work or some sort of FI.

You know what instead of trying to explain it over and over. I think next time we see each other, I will let you take my car out for a spin
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.