Scooby Guru

Member#: 10108
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
07 STI
60Trim TQ monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkscooby View Post
Thats another nice thing about the hybrid setup. Let the ECU use the comp tables to reduce the WGDC from 100% at WOT if you want to run less boost when its hot, for example. If the WGDC thru the BCS is less than 100%, you may not get the MBC to come into play.
What?

If the MBC comes before the BCS (in the line where the stock restrictor pill is located), the MBC acts like a replacement WG spring, but better. Set the MBC for like say 14 psi in 70 degree weather and let the factory BCS (or aftermarket) take care of bleeding off the rest. Why would you be running 100% WGDC? You would only have to run like 20% or something like that depending on what PSI you set your MBC to and your boost targets (more WGDC if you have a 16 bit ECU though). You will have to adjust your WGDC compensation table to match your MBC setting. It would take some dialing in in different weather, but once dialed in, it would work great.

EDIT: Oh. my idea is different from Ken's. Ken runs his in parallel. My idea was to just use an MBC to replace the restrictor pill hose, in effect cutting any pressure that the BCS and WG actuator sees until a certain PSI is reached set by the MBC. Basically the MBC is an adjustable restrictor pill, but better the way I would set it up.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
gabedude is offline   Reply With Quote