Scooby South
Subtly Outspoken

Member#: 238
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
99 Ver6 Recreation
JDM Speedwagon 3 LSDs..:)

Thumbs up VF39 VS. VF43 Revisted

Well...Let me just say..that a VF43 is way stronger than my old VF39...
to the point where I will have to retune the boost levels...

My Stock VF39...was tuned to 20.5 lbs of boost....Falling off considerably after 4800 RPMs. down to about 11 psi and yes it had the famous crack, which is why I upgraded anyways........it would start to spool about 1800 rpm..(I had a Full race SCCA BSP tune, to be able to spool as soon as I could)...Full boost would be around 2300 RPM and it wouldn't hold boost worth a crap above 4800 RPM.......

Now:

It still goes on boost about 2000 RPM...so it moved about 200 RPM to the right...which is still decent on my BSP Tune with UTEC....but Now it holds boost to like almost 6000 RPM....then it only drops off to about 15.5 lbs...so its stronger on top...
It actually went to 25 PSI the first couple of pulls(pulling timing)...so I had to reduce Boost to have it a ROCK HARD 20.5 lbs...from the start now...PULLS STRONG...

I am probably going to have to have a retune done... to optimize everything...but before...My tune was 326 AWHP...and 364 Torque...on stock vF39, Lightweight stock sized Crank pully, Divorced Wastegate Exhaust (No cats)..and a K@N Typhoon, Fuel Pump, UTEC...also had a Larger TMIC...so I am going to have to see how it compares to my 39 setup...Right now by the butt dyno...it feels stronger...and pulls harder...

BTW..this info is posted because I couldn't find a decent thread comparing the 39 to the 43....Hopefully..it will help some of you that are trying to make a decision on which turbo to go with ...a 39 or 43......

Thanks

Bill
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Scooby South is offline   Reply With Quote