Old 11-21-2007, 08:49 AM   #20
Big-E
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 123843
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2016 STI LTD CWP
Let LED's light your way!

I just got a set of the F1 A/S 225/45-17 and love them. Rating: 420 AA A (420% treadlife, AA wet coefficient, A temperature).

If anyone has driven a car with the Assurance TripleTred, these are the same idea, but in a performance tire. TripleTreds are superior in wet and good in the snow.

No snow yet.

Rain, yes. It's been that light wet rain, with some puddling accumulation, cool (35-55 degrees-F), oil coming up out of the road, leaves everywhere. You know, you're late fall, getting worse out type of roads (if you know New England) These tires stick to the road.

Whereas the stock RE-92's would give that feeling of losing their grip, these tires don't -- and no, I'm not going around corners in the wet as I would in the dry.

Their handling is very positive and IMO, they're a bit more quiet at highway speeds than the stockers. Firm ride without being harsh.

If your driving conditions are other than that of a daily driver, respectfully, then you either need a full winter tire or a full summer tire -- this should be common sense. But for many, one tire that covers the spectrum, with the hopes that your municipality does at least an ok job in cleaning the roads, should suffice. Also good driving habits and experience help too.

I have the chassis/suspension (no springs or dampers) beefed up along with the WL rack bushing kit. Driving with these tires is a good experience.

Hey, if the RE-92's on an AWD WRX can get me through some crappy conditions last winter, with poorly plowed roads, I think that these F1 A/S will do a much, much better job.

I didn't get the Pirelli P-Zero Nero b/c of the reviews I read regarding the shoulders of the tires wearing out faster than the rest of the tire.

Michelin has a tire or two, but they're higher in price than what I wanted to pay; and Goodyear is currently offering a $50 cash card rebate ($100 if you make the purchase with a Goodyear Visa card): http://www.goodyeartires.com/cfmx/we...ahooSearchNPP5
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Big-E; 11-21-2007 at 09:06 AM.
Big-E is offline   Reply With Quote