View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 12:16 PM   #22
JMS77
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 136833
Chapter/Region: Tri-State

I have to say for the new guys to Enginuity/tuning, MickeyD2005 really knows this software and tuning. He, and his posts are a very good resource for tuning and Enginuity. Keep up the good work!

Anyway, another thing to note with boost tuning is that when you have Initial and Max WGDC Tables available to you, you need to understand their relationship. That way you can maximize your results with less flashing. You should set your Max WGDC table at the highest values you need to achieve boost at all TPS/RPM sites. The Initial WGDC Table is a valuable tool to start you out at various sites in the Map. Turbo Dynamics will work to balance the two(very simplified here )

WHat I mean by 'balance' the two is that you need enough variance in the two table to allow you to hit boost and minimal enough that at any point in any gear, you can achieve proper spool without over boosting. Now that your head is spinning, let me simplify it...

The stock 07 STi Initial is about 10 units(WG % points) lower than the Max table. That way the ECU can use Turbo Dynamics(Init/Prop) to manipulate the values enough to hit boost without over boosting, in any gear. So if you hit the gas...100% TPS at 3600 RPM it may see 36% WGDC, whereas if you hit 100% TPS from 2600RPM the WGDC when you reach 3600RPM may be 44%. This is a result of TD and the turbo...etc... you get the point.

So, I guess what I am saying is it is very important to understand these tables, and how they effect boost production. Equally important is KNOWING your TURBO/Wastegate combo, and it's efficency/spool characteristics. Don't ask a GT35 to hit 25PSI from 2000 RPM....It just won't happen!

Good Luck!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
JMS77 is offline   Reply With Quote