Scooby Newbie

Member#: 107274
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2008 STi
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS77 View Post
I have to say for the new guys to Enginuity/tuning, MickeyD2005 really knows this software and tuning. He, and his posts are a very good resource for tuning and Enginuity. Keep up the good work!
Yeah, I've been spying on various people's posts to figure this stuff out.

Quote:
Anyway, another thing to note with boost tuning is that when you have Initial and Max WGDC Tables available to you, you need to understand their relationship. That way you can maximize your results with less flashing. You should set your Max WGDC table at the highest values you need to achieve boost at all TPS/RPM sites. The Initial WGDC Table is a valuable tool to start you out at various sites in the Map. Turbo Dynamics will work to balance the two(very simplified here )
This is actually where I'm at now. Looking at the Airboy's spreadsheet, I'm seeing wierd things going on with boost and target boost using the base stage 2 map. The weather just turned cold here, so I need to redo all of my logs before messing with WGDC and init WGDC.

Quote:
So, I guess what I am saying is it is very important to understand these tables, and how they effect boost production. Equally important is KNOWING your TURBO/Wastegate combo, and it's efficency/spool characteristics. Don't ask a GT35 to hit 25PSI from 2000 RPM....It just won't happen!
Do you know of any resource that lists out turbos/setups and roughly what to expect from them as far as boost/rpm? I'm just curious. I guess I can keep slowly bumping up values with my td04 until I just can't reach the targets anymore (or any of the other dozens of warning bells tells me to stop). It would just be nice to know roughly what to expect. Maybe I got that info already with my stg2 base map.

I'm not ready to mess with fuel or timing yet, so this thread is perfect for where I'm at.

Thanks again,
-Mark
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
javanaut is offline   Reply With Quote