View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 12:35 AM   #1
credekop
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 110830
Default Head Gasket leaking coolant

Over the last couple of weeks we're been smelling a sweet antifreeze smell coming from our '02 Impreza. I've looked all over the car for a coolant leak but I haven't seem to have found one, until today. I got under the car and noticed the antifreeze accumulating under the support bar that holds the engine mounts.

I've done a bit of research and found this service recall "WWP-99 Service Campaign - Cooling System Conditioner". Apparently, if you had a vehicle with a Phase II engine you would have got a recall letter in the mail, I don't remember seeing one. You were to bring the vehicle and the dealership would add a Coolant conditioner which might stop the leak or prevent it from happening. Subaru would then extend the warranty to 100,000 miles for a head gasket failure if you continued to add tis conditioner after every coolant service.

Anyways, my vehicle now has 148,000 km (I live in Canada) and I never had the Coolant conditioner added because I knew nothing about the Service Campaign. I'm pretty sure that its the head gasket as well. Do you think that Subaru Canada will repair my head gasket under this Service Campaign or am I going to have to foot the bill?

Colin
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
credekop is offline   Reply With Quote