Scooby Guru

Member#: 10108
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
07 STI
60Trim TQ monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeler Bement View Post
is this comment based on you "knowing" it is conservative, or the fact that no knock exsists which means it isn't running on the edge enough
It is very conservative as it runs stock fueling and basically stock timing. It would not run on 87 octane, but it does well on 91 and up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeler Bement View Post
out of curiosity, I thought peak load and lowest timing are supposed to match? mine never did, and the above does not, maybe I am mistaken.
He started the run at 3k, not 2k so the numbers may not look "typical".

It is actually at peak VE where you need the lowest timing. Peak VE on that motor is variable via AVCS. You also have to take into account the fact that as RPM increases, the window to completely burn the charge gets smaller, so you need more advance or power just drops.

That mapping is basically slightly upped stock boost, with the funky timing stuff taken out. So it makes sense that you could get more load in the upper RPMS than the lower RPMS. Also, the log could have been on a slightly downhill run. When I tuned that map, it was on a flat surface and Peak VE + Peak load were around 3.5K. I ran 11-12 degrees there.

Gabe
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
gabedude is offline   Reply With Quote