andygold
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 7347
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
WR Blue

omesh...

I agree totally with Subayai WRX.

But in your original post where you said "and maybe z-5 down the road", the Z5 is a swirl remover, and it is not as optically bright as Z2. It does not remove swirl marks, it fills them in, so they won't be seen. You should follow all of Subayai WRX's instructions, but use as many coats of Z5 (I believe Zaino recommends up to 5 or so) before using the Z2. Yes, you can use Z5 after Z2, but then you should finish up with the Z2 because of it's better optics.

I would also add a Z18 clay bar, and Z7 wash. While you're at it, pick up a couple of his #314 polish applicators. He guarantees that they're made of 100% cotton, and won't scratch your paint. I think he throws one in for free if your total is over $25.00.

ZFX is not a necessity, but it does speed up application time, and that might be critical in your situation. If you don't use ZFX, you'll need to pick up some Z1 Polish Lok to put on first. Don't wipe off the Z1, just put your Z5, or Z2 directly over it. Wait until both coats are dry, then towel off.

Lastly...make sure you use 100% cotton towels (bath size) to remove the Z5, Z2, Z6. Use USA made brands such as Cannon. Remove the banding around the edges of the towel...it will scratch. They make removal unbelievably easy.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
andygold is offline   Reply With Quote