Originally Posted by sai2cool
I am moving to Kansas City and looking to buy Impreza 2.5i 4 door MT, I test drove a bunch of cars ranging from Yaris,Lancer,Fit,Rabbit and finally zeroed on Impreza 08. Kansas City having pretty good snow would probably need a 4 wheel drive and Impreza is the only sedan that offers it in the price range. I have a few questions to all you pros..
1. Is my final choice for a Impreza right?
2. Do you really get the 4 wheel drive advantage driving in snow?
3. What will be the best possible price for 2008 Impreza 2.5i 4 door + Manual T(in Kansas)?
4. Any negatives for the car?
Thanks in Advance.
1. Probably, but remember fwd cars are fairly capable in snow also with the right tires. AWD Impreza uses a lot more gas all year round than the Yaris and Fit. I've heard the 2.5 Rabbit is a guzzler too.
2. Uh, yeah? Put snow tires on a AWD car THEN you'll get what's so great about AWD and snow.
4.See posts #42 and #47.