Old 01-01-2008, 12:03 PM   #8
scoobienoobienoo
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 110247

Quote:
scoobienoobienoo

Im sorry to read this.

I didnt recieve a PM from you..(untill I had a look in my inbox now) .I dont visit here every day and I also dont recieve email notification when I get a new PM (dont know why).

Also didnt recieve a email.
No problem.

Quote:
1. If you have an STi you should NOT have been sold a splitter...you dont need it..use the factory splitter. If fact you will go backwards using my splitter with the STi hood scoop. My splitter is designed to suit the internal shape of a WRX hood scoop and hence you will have a large gap between the top of the splitter and your hood scoop.
Then this is a miscommunication on the authorized reseller website which offers this for the STi. I also confirmed that I had an STi prior to ordering.

Quote:
2. My intercooler is much thicker than the Sti intercooler. My intercooler is 90mm thick....the Sti intercooler is 60mm thick....measure the actual core...not the plates on the side of the intercooler which are much thicker than the actual core.
I apologize here. Since I did not remove the stock intercooler to measure it, I did not get an accurate thickness for the core dimension. There is a recess on the bottom that makes it hard to get right. It is, as you say, more like 60-65 mm without removing the part. Based on this, the volume for cooling should be ~35% greater neglecting internal cooling surface area differences.

Quote:
3. Do some intercooler outlet temperature measurements and you will see the difference...especially for pro-longed periods..(like a circuit)...the difference is night and day.

Kevin
Respectfully, this is why I buy from vendors. For them to do the testing and show the results. Does this then mean that you have empirical measurements comparing the stock STi TMIC to the PW TMIC and will show the results?

I will edit my original post to show the corrected thickness information. I think the concern is buying one of the most expensive TMICs on the market without being able to see testing showing real performance gains.

Thanks for reading.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
scoobienoobienoo is offline   Reply With Quote