Scooby Guru

Member#: 71092
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 2.5RS Wagon
Regal Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabedude View Post
Hopefully I can get working with Colby on making ECUFlash work in Linux as it does in OSX already (easy port).
I wouldn't be so quick to claim that EcuFlash works on OS X. As best I can tell, it does, but if and only if you haven't installed any other software it doesn't like. It needs to to be the ONLY thing to have ever installed drivers or kexts that remotely touch any serial to USB conversion or any of the specific chips in the openport cable. Because I have a non-virgin computer (meaning I've installed hardware that installs drivers or kexts), EcuFlash will launch and allow editing of a ROM, but it will not recognize the openport cable. This makes it pretty useless. I was getting help from someone over on openecu.org, but the guy stopped participating in the thread so I have no idea what else to try.

If anyone knows much about the inner workings of EcuFlash, I will be happy to work with them and put as much time as is needed to try to figure out specifically what the problem is so that I can write up a "FOSS Tuning on the Mac FAQ" or the like.

Not to mention that Enginuity 0.4.1.b will only open only one ROM at a time, making it hard to compare two ROMs to each other (say current vs. stock).

FOSS tuning software support for OS X leaves a lot to be desired, thank god there's VMWare Fusion.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by williaty; 01-02-2008 at 01:34 AM.
williaty is offline   Reply With Quote