Old 04-12-2001, 11:35 AM   #10
gaylemd
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 2643
Vehicle:
2001 2.5 RS
BRP

Folks,
Don't get so upset. This to, will pass. As an former owner of 6 BMW's in the last 17 years, I know what can happen when a car "catches" on with the Johnny come lately crowd. The E30 M3 is a perfect example. There were and still are very few of them. Then the E36 M3 brought the car wider acceptence and visibility. For a while anyone with a E36, wanted to make their regular 3-series look like a M3. Now there's the E46 M3--priced so high and yet, even stupid dealers are adding $10,000 to the MSRP. Unless SOA gets "control" of the greed that some short-sighted dealers are trying to take advantage of the buying public, the WRX will meet the same fate. It will get heavier and more expensive and out of the reach of the enthusiasts that made it popular in the first place. The first generation RS will always be a one and only (OAO) and we all know who was there first. Though a "newbie" I have always had the highest respect for the Scooby marque even when I was driving BMW's. But, I sold my last BMW, a 97 M3 fully tricked-out and used at the track (not a drag strip). Now I own a 2001 2.5RS that for me is the pocket rocket that I've always wanted. Turbo in two years.

Mike Gayle
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
gaylemd is offline   Reply With Quote