Scooby Guru

Member#: 80663
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
1997 Outback

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobylazur View Post
Please note...

The HOV lane is for HOV traffic. It is not meant for passing; during any hours. i.e. - some states have double yellows except for a few spots seperating their HOV lanes, and furthest most left lanes.
Actually, the HOV lanes in Phoenix are designated by road signs to be HOV or 'normal' during specific times of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8eaterWRX View Post
This thread is retarded. If I only got in the left lane to "pass" I would constantly be in and out of lanes passing everyone as I tend to go 5-10mph faster than traffic.

While I agree the dip****s pulling trailers, semis, and slow ass hybrids should not be in the fast lane, I think the idea of everyone keep to the right and only move left to pass is ignorant. All that would do is cause accidents from non-stop lane changing....
If you are passing a vehicle, and know you will be passing another in ~15 seconds or less, then I agree that you should stay over. Otherwise, get out of the left lane. Regardless of the speed at which a person drives or the type of car they are in, they do not own the road.

I would say the opposite is true. If there is no designated lane for passing, then people could just pass anywhere with cars zig-zagging in and out of lanes...this would cause accidents. Designating a passing lane lets people know both where to pass and where they should expect to be passed.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
shemoves is offline   Reply With Quote