Scooby Guru

Member#: 71092
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 2.5RS Wagon
Regal Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACKARU View Post
Anybody know if the new '08 ibusiness spreadsheet software is fully compatible with excel spreadsheets (ie. visual basic like airboys spreadsheet) ? I would really like to get a mac, but I am trying to figure out how I would tune with it. The 7 year old HP is no longer cutting it. I don't exactly want to buy Windows XP to use via Leopard on the mac, but I am really considering it. Your thoughts.
I'm doing it right now. EcuFlash will work on a virgin computer, but it needs to be the only tuning/ECU communication software installed.

I'm using VMWare Fusion to run WinXP. Inside XP, I'm running EcuFlash and Enginuity to do the ROM editing and flashing. I end up needing the WinXP version of Excel to run a lot of the crazy spreadsheets people come up with. I do all my general log analysis (like all the graphs I keep posting) come from Excel on the Mac side.

Basically, at this point, you're going to need a windows install to tune. That being said, a MacBook (pro or not) is the best hardware I've ever used for running both OS X AND Windows.

Just get one and you won't regret it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
williaty is offline   Reply With Quote