View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 10:42 PM   #15
Scooby Guru
Member#: 71092
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
2005 2.5RS Wagon
Regal Blue Pearl

Originally Posted by Wrinkleboi View Post
thanks for posting this, its awesome of you to share the work you've put in with everyone else. i am not familliar at all with excel at all so this is a little overwhelming for me.
i know there was short discussion about the new maf scaler integrated into enginuity and that it doesnt throw out the bad data but considering the ease of use is it something you'd recommend, or is it not developed far enough to be a reliable way to do maf scaling? if its not a reliable way to do it, maybe you should work with kascade to combine your forces and get it to where it needs to be
thanks again for helping out, definitely appreciated.
I'm running it in parallel to doing things my way. It seems to me that it would eventually get the job done, but I think it would take more iterations than my way does. That being said, even running the 785 tool twice as many times as my way would still be less work Really, the 785 tool would be very good if it just let you set a max threshold (like the min threshold for coolant temp) for IAT and let you set a max threshold for rate of change of MAF voltage. It would do a very VERY good job if you took those two and added the polyfit line being the best fit of the MODAL correction, rather than the entire dataset. Calculating the mode at each voltage should actually be REALLY simple for the 785 tool because it already has all the data it needs to do it. Actually, even just calculating the mode at each voltage, coloring that dot differently (like green instead of the salmon all the rest of the dots are) and then leaving it up to the user to pick the order of the polyfit that best represents the modes would make the tool WAY more accurate and take fewer iterations. Hmmmm....
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
williaty is offline   Reply With Quote