Scooby Newbie

Member#: 71361
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2000 Impreza 2.5RS
silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by williaty View Post
Yeah, the 6 point wrenches and a big fraking hammer work. There's 6 people out of the local club doing this install right now (this is where the Tool and the 4 sets of links ended up), one poor guy was just too afraid to hit his car hard enough to get it loose though. We've got two done, and we're going to try to do 4 cars tomorrow in one big push. In weather that's supposed to be in the low to mid teens with 15mph wind.
I know the feeling. This is a great reason to have a second set of hands. I've seen that "Sure man, I can prob get it loose." grin spreading on the face AFTER you hand over the hammer/wrench. Scary stuff.. just reign them in before all you have left is metal shavings.

Oh, meant to add a small testimonial: Getting to the bolts was the hardest part. Maybe the only hard part. The backend feels predictable afterward. Car feels great. Get those hub bushings while you're in there for the rear-end bushing clean sweep.

dummy tip: if you're replacing your lateral links with adjustables (ie: whiteline).. MEASURE the old ones center-center and set the adj links BEFORE you put them in. It was annoying crawling back under the car with calipers.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by mrpedal; 01-19-2008 at 09:04 PM. Reason: spaz'd and hit post too fast
mrpedal is offline   Reply With Quote