Member#: 71092
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 2.5RS Wagon
Regal Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrinkleboi View Post
will...
you said not to try to calibrate the maf over temperature changes... is it ok to calibrate the entire (closed loop) maf when its very cold, as long as its all done at the same temperature? or is it better to try to do the tuning at a more moderate temperature?
and what if just the closed loop is done at 30-40 degrees and then all the heavy throttle tuning is done at 50-60 degrees? would adjustments need to be made to the initial closed loop scaling?
thanks...
Based on my experience, the factory temp compensation map sucks balls. So if you scale the MAF at 0F, it'll probably be close for the winter, but then you'll need to re-do it in the summer I bet (haven't gotten there yet). If you look at the factory temp comp chart, it's obvious that they consider an IAT of 68F a "normal" intake temp and the rest of the chart is scaled off of this. My hope is to get a week or so where I'm seeing ~70 IATs and get the scaling dead on, then fix the temp comp chart to keep the scaling on as the temps change.

What do you mean "heavy throttle tuning"? Are you talking about doing closed loop at one temp and open loop at another? I doubt that would work, but you could always try.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
williaty is offline   Reply With Quote