Member#: 8785
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
02 c_turner@ix.
netcom.com

Default Re: what kind of 1/4 mile times are you guys getting

Quote:
Originally posted by WHAT
I finally got to take my WRX to the strip and I am a bit disapointed. I could only manage 14.5 at 92mph. I have a TXS turbo back exhuast and K&N filter on the car. All of these mags are ripping off these times with the stock car. What gives. I was not afraid to let the thing fly. After a couple of runs I let it rip and launched at about 4500rpm and slipped the clutch a bit (tires did spin some) and I had a 1.92 60ft time, but the car seemed to die for a second when I shifted into second gear. It bogged down some then took off. Am I not making the 1st to 2nd shift right? Should I slip that a bit too (I was slamming the gear). I am waiting for the unichip to come in from TXS and I am hoping that this will help get the car into the 13's. What is everone elses experience with the stage II setup. Am I not doing something right here? I thought that I would fair better at the track. I case you are going to ask? It was about 50 degrees outside and at night. so it was a cool night. Let me know what is going on!!!!
Very simple. You are not getting a good launch. I know its hard to believe but you are giving up about 3 tenths and 2-3 mph with your slow launch. I am not bagging on you and you did very well for racing that car for the first time. I did worse my first time out.

The only way I have ever found to get 1.7 and 1.8 60 ft times is to hold at 3000 rpm. Then floor it at the second yellow. When the tach hits 5500 rpm let the clutch go. Dont pop it. Just let your foot straight up off of it. You should not get any clutch slip. You should get some front wheelspin. Hold it WOT till 7000 and the go for second.

I bet 3-4 more runs with this launch will get your 14.0-14.2

HTH

CT
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AZScoobie is offline   Reply With Quote