Scooby Guru

Member#: 8785
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
02 c_turner@ix.
netcom.com

Quote:
Originally posted by WHAT
I am going to have to give the suggestions a try and see what happens the next time that I make it to the track. Last night I just received the rest of the stage II kit in the mail. (unichip - mbc) I am planning on installing them over the weekend and then to the track I will go. So no one thinks that the 18in rims has anything to do with it? I was looking at some of the other threads and they seem to put down the larger rims when it comes to going to the strip. The next trip that I make to the drag strip I am going to let the clutch fly and redline on all of the shifts to see what I get..... Thanks for the help guys. I will let you know what times I get!!! Still would like to see what everyone is running. I get a kick out of these little 4 cyl and the way that they knock down most of the newer v8's.

Use the strip to your advantage. Make a few more passes with our recomendations and then install the unichip at the track. It only takes 10 minutes. Then tell us if you speed up or not. Thats the only way you will know if it helps. Or Make some passes with it and then pull it out.

The 18's will slow you down. I have 18 inch wheels/tires that are 39lbs total while the stock wheels are 40 lbs total. I loose 2 tenths and 2mph on avg if I run the 18's. They are the same overall size and they are lighter but they still slow me down. The weight is more towards the outside edge of the rotating wheel and they are harder to get moving. If you have your stockers you will will drop down.

HTH

CT
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AZScoobie is offline   Reply With Quote