Member#: 1549
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
04 Impreza WRX
Wingless White

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohausii View Post
Who else is using Valvoline Synthetic?
Just switched to Valvoline SynPower two weeks ago. I was reluctant to go synthetic in the tranny after the general consensus on NASIOC is NO to synthetics. Even my mechanic warned me it will start grinding and recommended I add one quart synchromesh

I have been grind-free so far and shift feel has been fairly consistent. It did not eliminate the rough feel getting into 2nd and 3rd, but that probably means I'm going to be due for new synchros. Also I'm coming from using straight Castrol Hypoy C 80W-90 and I'm wondering if the mix of residual old fluid and the new Valvoline means I'm not getting the "full-effect" (I only got about 3.25 quarts put in, which seems to be the norm). As long as the shifts remain consistent, I'll be happy with the SynPower.

Basically all synthetics are NOT created equal. M1 Synthetic, which I'm guessing most of the complaints have been coming from, even says on the bottle that it has properties to be extra slippery. Also if the cocktail is working for your application and keeps you happy, stick with it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ImprezaTron is offline   Reply With Quote