Scooby Newbie

Member#: 21508
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
'03 WRX Wagon
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS1 Motorsports View Post
^^ the money you spent in fluid over the last 3 years would have covered fixing what ever was wrong with your trans.
$150 pays for a mechanic to think about looking at your car . I know it's hard to keep track of everyone here and their reasons for trying transmission fluid alternatives, but I'm one of the many who were very unhappy with normal actions of the stock transmission and fluid from day 1. There was presumably nothing "wrong" with mine. It was about preference.

Let me add that over the first 30k on the OEM fluid, my transmission developed additional vibration and noise between 1500 and 2000 RPM. What should I blame that on? Transmissions wear. The vibration got progressively more noticeable until I changed to the cocktail.

By the way the stock fluid felt at temps below 15F I can't imagine that "molasses" was doing any good for the bearings. Also the stock fluid is a compromise situation because of the almost mutually exclusive needs of the hypoid gears and synchros in the same bath, so I really don't expect there to be any perfect solutions.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
stanton is offline   Reply With Quote