View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 10:08 AM   #18
wrxG
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 155087
Vehicle:
04 WRX
PSM

I did get my halves cleaned and rehoned. But if block is honed or unhoned i really dont see how that would case knock. The first time i rebuilt this block with stock subaru parts. I got my cranshaft balanced and machined caz num 3 rod bearing was spun, and i didn't rehone the cylynders but i still made 180 psi compression in allfour cylinders.

I remember when I put the Wiseco pistons in I moved the piston from side to side and seemed like it had way too much play on cylinder three. But one of my friends with "expirience" told me oh thats normal. Now im 90% sure thas the problem unless like some of you are saying .. i didn't crank the motor over enough to get the oil pump going and it could of started with any oil pressure and caused a rod bearing to spin or something.

Right now I don't even touch my car .. im so mad at it. So much time and I cant even drive it still. All of my friends with hondas are laughing at me.. they're telling me to get a honda =( .. but I know once it going to be done.. the right way.. im going to have alot of fun with it this summer killen them hondas!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
wrxG is offline   Reply With Quote