Old 03-04-2008, 08:13 PM   #1
strongasanoxx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 90536
Vehicle:
2004 wrx
psm

Default 2000 2.5rs w/ sti shortblock??

So heres the deal..... I have decided to go back to a good ole' impreza, but I am a little low on funds. So, i did some looking and i found one in my range. The only thing is this...

.... The car is a 2000 subaru impreza 2.5rs. The owner originally thought that he was going to turbo the car, so he purchased a complete us sti shortblock and installed it in the car, along with equal length headers and a brullen catback exhaust, an air intake, i think cobb as well as a cobb adjustable short throw shifter... now he says that he paid 2000 for the sti shortblack and all the internals and had it tuuned so that he could drive it untill he turbo'd it. He came in too some money and ended up buying a new wrx... so now hes getting rid of it for cheap money. My question is how is this going to compare to a stock 2.5 rs(hp, redline, acceleration, reliablility)?? Is it worth checking out?? How hard would it be to turbo the car? Please let me know as I am going to look at the car in two days and want to know what too look for. Thanks a ton for your help and I hope to get a ton of responses.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
strongasanoxx is offline   Reply With Quote