Scooby Newbie

Member#: 130897
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2006 6 speed WRX 18G
330awhp 355ft/lbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX-17 View Post
youre right the stubs should be very different because they are! 04 sti axles are female which uses a stub and 06 wrx axles are male which dont use a stub. and the male wrx axles are smaller in diameter which makes a smaller inside diameter axle seal is needed. So you would've needed to change the axles seals at some point. theres only 2 seals, one that is meant for female axles (larger inside diameter) and one that is meant for male axles (smaller inside diameter). obviously you used your male wrx axles at first and you had a leaking problem and then you put in the female 04sti axles and stubs and that solved the leaking problem. That proves that you had the female axle seals in your tranny which are the wrong ones for male axles hence the leaking problem.
Obviously your misunderstanding me. The 04 sti axles that I have are out of a late model 04 sti after they switched to the male axles. When looking at both sets of male axles there was still a very noticeable difference between the part that inserts into the trans. When I used my wrx axles they did not clip in correctly and I would actually be able to slide one of them in and out of the tranny (yes I did have the proper circlips).
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
swiftwrx06 is offline   Reply With Quote