Well as im a bit of a clean freak, i decided to get some mudflaps on the car. These were sourced from performance creations. I also thought the bootlid looked rather busy with all the badges so i decided to partially debaged it. I left the STI/TypeUK badges in place.
The car stayed like that for a bit while i decided how i was going to further improve the car.
Next i decided that the cars handling was particularly lacking, more importantly that dreded understeer. So i decided id go for the Whiteline adjustable rear ARB to start with. I complemented that with the Noltec billet droplinks and heavy duty mounting kit.
This is where i formed my relationship with Mocom Racing. I had ordered the setup from Zak at Mocom, and after chatting to him on the phone, we got talking etc etc. I asked if he was local and couid i come and pick up the kit to save on postage. (worth a shot i thought??)
I told Zak that i was an prototype engine builder working in Dunton Essex. He said he had a client he was due to see that was also in that direction and he offered to drop my things off to me.
(wow, hows that for customer service??)
Sure enough we met up and got talking about the car and what i felt it was lacking... basically lacking everywhere IMO lol. We agreed to go out for a mapping session and just see how the car was performing.
So the bond with Zak and Mocm Racing was born and little did i know the car would change dramatically from here on out.
I fitted the rear ARB setup. Which dramatically improved the cars agility, but i knew it needed more... more to come later.
We decided the car could do with more air to the airbox so i made a foglight mounted duct with a direct RAM air feed into the OEM airbox. This was coupled with a Grenn cotton panel filter.
I got another foglight cover from Saj @ jap performance parts and fitted it with a 3" dia stainless trumpet. The whole lot was then painted to the colour of the car.
Next round we we start on the power upgradess