On return from Germany the chassis mods continued with the addition of a few more items. These included a set of Whiteline flatout springs, Whiteline adjustable front ARB, camber bolts all round and Noltec billet clubsport pillowball topmounts (camber/castor adjustable) I threw in an STI front strutbrace for good measure.
This little lot was all lovingly setup by Zak at Mocom. We managed to get a staggering 5.5 degrees of addition castor on the front, 1.5 degress neg camber all round and a slight toe out on the rear.
This was to be my new road setup and wow did it change the car dramatically. Steering weight was increased substantially and the cars poise and turn-in was now crisp, balanced and very willing to go wher i pointed it.
Infortunately i dont have off car pics of all that stuff so heres a pic of the topmounts similar to the ones we fitted.
No as i said i had hatched a plan in my head for the dash project.
I knew the kind of tuning i now had planed ahead for the car so i ordered myself 6 Defi BF gauges. These were to be placed 3 in the centre of the dash and 3 down my A pillar.
Now at the time there was not a tripple pillar pod available for the newage impreza so we had to have one made. I started off by buying a twin pod from Martin at Nomad Racing and gave it to a buddy of mine at work. He works in composites fabrications as said he could take a mold of the existing pod, use the mold to make a 3rd gauge housing and then graft it onto the top of the twin pod to create a tripple.
And thats exactlay what he did.
I also had a Innovate wideband lambda and RB Motorsport ACT gauge. These are IMO probably 2 of the most important gauges in the car so i had to have them in good view.
I asked my buddy if he could fabricate these into the top of my existing steering column. I told him what i wanted and how it wa to fit. He came back to me with a beautifully made bespoke pod.
I purchased another full dash from Saj at Jap performance and had it all including the new pods and A pilars sent to Doug at Suffolk Flocking services. Doug was incredibly helpful and withina few weeks i had the whole lot back at home, beautifully flocked.
I didnt like the dash panels in the stock silver colour so a spent a fair bit of time preping these and then painted them satin black. I think they came out extremlely well and still look just as good today.
Now knowing i was going for a completely new look, i needed to do something with the stock steering wheel. I decided to get myself an STI 8 wheel and airbag. I then sent this away to a guy up north who trims Porsches. At my request he trimmed the wheel in black leather with red stitching and a red centreband. It came home looking like this.