Member#: 115154
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 Outback XT
White on grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLow03 View Post
Hey guys.

I was all set to buy some Bilsteins when I got nervous after searching through the threads that I'm not going to see any difference between that and what I have now (Whitelines + GR2s). Can anyone put this issue to bed? Am I going to have a stiffer ride (which is what I want)? Or would I be better off getting some polyurethane bushings and a front sway bar to compliment the RSB and call it a day? I plan to autox the snot out of this car this summer and want to have a serious suspension. And no, I'm not doing Teins.

Your advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
JL
It's all in the damper settings and the ability of the suspension to retain those setting after repeated, constant use (like track days and stuff) Bilsteins are valved stiffer for both rebound and compression (I'm not sure how much stiffer TBH) than the GR2's and the monotube design (for the fronts at least, I think the rears are still regular dual like the stock stuff) is a more stouter design to keep the valve temps down and keep the valving the consistent even after some serious cycling from track use and the like.

For autox, I really don't think gr2 or bilstein will matter as much as the other more important mods, like tires, alignment, and swaybars (in order of importance). When you address the first three, then you may want to start thinking about the struts.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
rougeben83 is offline   Reply With Quote