fuzzycuffs
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 32309
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2003 Silver WRX
Who needs a car in Tokyo?

Angry Bunch of savages: Dent in my trunk

Firstly, apologies if this is not the right forum. I figured it wasn't really Car Care or Detailing, and not Aftermarket Parts since it's a stock 2003 trunk.

Went snowboarding today, and coming back to my car I noticed a large dent in my trunk, right where the SUBARU lettering goes across. I thought maybe someone hit it, but 1) no scratches, and 2) the person that was parked behind me was a normal sized car, not lifted to clear my bumper to dent the trunk. So, I'm thinking someone either kicked it, or threw a packed snowball at it and managed to dent the thing. Either way, I'm

When I got back home, I noticed the back of the trunk has structural supports that I can reach behind, but the initial trying to push out the dent didn't really yield anything. Admittedly, I didn't try too hard since I was tired from the day and it was at a weird angle.

So, my question is, is there a method to do this? There doesn't seem to be a crease at all in the sheet metal, just dented in relatively concave-like. I'm actually somewhat surprised at how pliable the sheet metal is. Whether or not that means I can pop it back out with some type of suction device from the front, or push it in from the back, I dunno.

Any suggestions? Or just go to a shop and hopefully not be charged too much?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
fuzzycuffs is offline   Reply With Quote