Slowly started putting more things back. Started with the alarm/starter combo. I got to put it back in the way I wanted and cleaned up all the messy wiring that was there before.
Unpinned any wires I didn’t need in the alarm/starter
Also threw in a back-up battery to supply the back-up siren and GPS locator. Note: specifically took pictures to avoid showing how the GPS system looks like.
Found my tach wire in the SMJ so I didn’t need an extra wire running into the engine bay.
A general picture.
This is where it used to be.
Also made the STI key work. Took some grinding. It took about 10 minutes to make it work in the ignition. About another hour to make it work everywhere else. The scratches aren't as noticable in real life.
I’m using the WRX clutch cylinder and brake booster/master cylinder. The brake booster is much bigger and covers up some stuff (you don’t really need access to).
Picture of the steering shaft exit point.
Same exit point but from in the car.