Scooby Newbie

Member#: 169623
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i 5d 100k+
Dark Grey Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigoypotpot View Post
hello all!

for my first tank, i got 21.9 mixed driving according to the meter. but i calculated approx. 22.3 mpg.

i guess that's not bad for a first tank. after the first tank, i refilled up to a quarter of a tank. i did notice that the meter would rise and fall while driving. i am currently at 24.3 mpg. is the rising and falling of the meter while driving normal? or is it supposed to stay still and just keep rising?

i currently have 400+ miles. hope that mpgs improve.
not quite sure i understand you completely, but of course your MPG average is going to fluctuate, as it is calculated on the fly while you drive. the smaller the number of miles that you are calculating with, the more it is going to vary. if you reset your trip meter you will see it change drastically at first and slowly settle down as the miles accumulate and you get a solid mathematical average.

my A meter has only been reset once since i took delivery, and it is virtually locked at 27MPG for several thousand miles. my B meter I reset all the time for various reasons and you can watch the MPG change quite rapidly.

According to the owner's manual, it calculates every-- get this-- every 1 mile.

Interestingly, I have noticed that my MPG average only moves in increments of .3 (26.4, 26.7, 27.0, 27.3, etc)

Anyway, hope that answers your question.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
nobletea is offline   Reply With Quote