View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 02:47 PM   #1
agentphish
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 165758
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
Dark Gray Metallic

Default Went to dealer, got oil changed/tires rotated, now misaligned?

Hello-

My Impreza sedan has ~6400 miles on it total. I went to the dealership on 5/7 (only because i have free oil changes there) to get oil changed and tires rotated.
That's all they did (they swear).

I picked the car up after the service dept. was closed and on the drive home, I realized that the steering wheel is now cocked slightly to the right. It no longer sits straight.

The car pulls slightly to the left when I turn the wheel left to the "straight" position.

I called and left a message upon arriving home. I called again at 8:30 the next morning (5/8) and they told me to go ahead and bring the car back the next morning (5/9) to let them "swap the driver side tire front to rear, and that should fix the problem" (the problem they couldn't explain because they did nothing relating to alignment). The service advisor was telling me that with radial tires, because of how they're built, this type of thing can happen from time to time.

Well, when I left the dealer after waiting for them to rotate front to back this morning (5/9) and went to work, the situation was no different. The wheel is still cocked slightly to the right and the car will still drift to the left if i turn the wheel to the straight position.

I'm looking for second opinions here. I've never owned a Subaru, or any other AWD vehicle. Is this sort of thing normal with them, or should I be as upset as I think I am, and keep going back to the dealer to try to get this resolved?

Sorry for the LONG post, but i wanted to be detailed...Thanks!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
agentphish is offline   Reply With Quote