Old 05-12-2008, 08:47 AM   #12
agentphish
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 165758
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
Dark Gray Metallic

Hello Everyone,

I appreciate all of the helpful feedback here on my issue.

I did check the tire pressures when I got home from work, after letting the car sit for the tires to be "cold" of course.

Here is what the numbers should be (according to the door jam):
Front 33psi
Rear 32psi
Here is what I found...and I must say, I was non too pleased with what I saw:
Front L: 33psi (ok)
Rear L: 38psi (NOT ok)
Front R: 40psi (NOT ok)
Rear R: 37psi (NOT ok)

All of the tires except the front left where over inflated, I adjusted them to the correct PSI. Additionally they were all over inflated to DIFFERENT psi as you can see. However, this still didnt fix the problem.

I have an appointment on Wed. to take the car back in, the service advisor told me no matter what the problem was he would not charge me for anything at this point. I hope he stays true to that. I will be sure that I make it a point to recheck the tires before I take the car in, and also to mention the fact that they were all well over inflated.

Additionally, after adjusting my pressures, I took the car to NJ to visit my fiancee's mom for mother's day, I got freakin 30.2 mpg on the whole drive there - 2.5 hours. That's the BEST mileage I've had with this car over the 6300 miles that I've had it. I never checked the pressures since I bought the car, which is in itself a mistake on my part.

I really cant believe this.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by agentphish; 05-12-2008 at 09:10 AM.
agentphish is offline   Reply With Quote