View Single Post
Old 07-14-2002, 04:08 PM   #23
DBAsteve
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 16839
Default Re: several questions for Steve or anyone who knows

Quote:
Originally posted by subysouth
In your first list you said the 657 was a possible standard rear, but it isnt is it? Our US versions came with the 644 only as near as I can tell and everyone else gets the 653.

I take it from all you've said the 655 is the standard rear for the STi se? 12.53" rotor, I wonder if it will be on the US spec STi for next year?

I guess I could do this rear brake upgrade on my Legacy as well? The rears listed for my car are the 644s as well so it should work?

Thanks for all the info

edit: DBAsteve, do you have a product catalog with your coss-drilled. vented, two-piece rotors as well?
Since 6/98 The DBA 657 became the standard rear for the Legacy ( Liberty) and Outback. The DBA 653 vented became the standard rear for the WRX. This is relevant to the rest of the world. At the moment it's flip a coin to see what you will get in the U.S.
I do apologise for creating confussion but it is so out of character for a Japanese company to do this. I am aware of compliance issues that had to be addressed in the U.S but to down spec the braking system is confusing, especially with the known problems elseware.

The DBA 655 STi rear has a R180 rear setup, which means the handbrake is 190mm diameter. The R160 is the normal setup (170mm h/Brake).

There is a product catalogue online at www.dba.com.au. You can view online or download. Copies of all the brochures are there too.

Steve
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
DBAsteve is offline   Reply With Quote