View Single Post
Old 06-06-2001, 10:38 PM   #20
Bill.B
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 2158
really the only rule I have issue with is the mandatory meetings. As I pointed out, 6 months out of the year I am jam packed, and now with new predicaments today with PFR I may be busy for the next year (until April), just about every weekend. I do have a Friday free here and there, but must schedule it way in advance. If the next 3 meetings are on Saturday, I will miss them, and be put on probation.

This is all scenario stuff, but it is very possible to happen. Now, if you have weekly meetings, on different days, at different places, then it is no problemo. Same would go for people who work odd days and hours (weekends and nights). I do understand what you are trying to accomplish, and don't envy you. I gave up because of lack of interest, you have already surpassed my level of organizing a club with this conversation.

I do know that you can't please everyone all of the time. If you have 1 monthly meeting there will be problems. If you have 3 or 4 a month, I think I can swing 1 a month, but just don't know... I think that is where most of us are with it, we want to be part of something bigger, but can't commit to it, given the low number of meetings/unknown number of meetings.

What defines a meeting? What will we be doing? Where will it be? These are more things that need to be defined before people will be all cozy with saying "yeah, I can commit to 1 meeting a month".

I'm off to bed.. I may not be round tomorow, so don't take it as the silent treatment...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.