View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 08:57 AM   #40
BryanH
Scooby Guru

Member#: 993
Chapter/Region: MAIC

UPDATE:

After 6-7 months with these tires I have really grown to HATE them. And it has not a damn thing to do with their performance as they have remained a wonderful tire in both dry and wet conditions. But to have began cupping to the point that it is now impossible to hold a conversation in the car at speed. I am wondering if I should get a dB meter and get my car tested for potential hearing damage it is so loud.

And before anyone says a damn thing about mounting or maintenance these arrived as a premounted bundle from the tirerack and I opted for the road force balancing. I have been religious about rotating them and have also had them rebalanced a couple of months ago when they started to make a bit of noise hoping it would go away. It didn't help. I have also had the tire inspected for damage and these is no problem with the tread, sidewall, and the rims are not bent.

This also isn't the first set of performance tires I have had...but they might be the loudest. If you thought the BF Goodrich GForce Sport was loud....you ain't heard a damn thing. Those might as well be pillows compared to these things. My wife has to yell at me from the passenger seat to hold a conversation on the highway.

I am getting something else...I just don't know what. And it is going to occur soon.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
BryanH is offline   Reply With Quote