Big Ron

Member#: 18062
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam11 View Post
its tranny fluid, what makes one noticably better than another? smoother shifts? from the drivers standpoint how could you tell?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS1 Motorsports View Post
^^ fluids will not fix your syncro issues.
To provide feedback on both the above:

My OEM 5MT gearbox didn't like going into first gear. I had issues after swapping the fluid from OEM to Mobil1 to OEM. No joy in first gear until the car was nearly stopped. I then talked to Andrew of Andrewtech fame and he was told to try 100% Redline lightweight shockproof. This advice was given to him by Simon Pfitzner, the P in PPG. Andrew had great success and said this fluid swap alone saved a customer ~$1000 or so in swapping out synchros. So I tried it and was immediately able to downshift into first gear at speeds up to 25 MPH. So fluid swaps show their benefit by easier synchro engagement. I've seen it, and have reported my findings above based on why I did what I did...by basing my decision on the decisions of others. I've also seen people follow my advice and seen no change though. Like I said above though, what works for the goose, does not work for the gander. And I'm not stomping on Dylan's opinion above, merely stating my opinion that no one really knows...all we have is opinions.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote