View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 01:03 PM   #191
NASIOC Supporter
Member#: 129681
Chapter/Region: MAIC
2016 WRX w/EyeSight
Lapis Blue Pearl

Originally Posted by TheMadScientist View Post
I have ~50k miles on a 20G using this mod. The "surge" is very minor. I have not had any decrease in performance from the turbo, next time I have it off the car(do't know when that will be) I will take some pics of the compressor. My guess is there is no damage from the light surge.
I can't thank you enough for this mod. After my AVO380 install I got my boost tuned perfectly, or so I thought. But as time went on the logging data suggested otherwise. I've got all the other mods, but for some strange reason the LGT community doesn't like to talk about BOV/BPVs, so I kept the stock BPV out of ignorance I guess.

A friend mentioned that he'd used the "crush mod" and my searching turned up this thread. Since our stock BPVs are plastic there would be no crush mods on it, but the $0.16 BOV mod sounded better anyway. I did it a few days ago and am amazed. It is clear my stock BPV was leaking and I had tuned around it, as best one can. Now that I've gotten my WGDC tables to account for the modded BPV I have quicker spool and more power, all from the same 22.5psi I've always chosen. I may change that now .

The light compressor surge I initially got with a quick throttle lift has largely disappeared after tuning my WGDC, AND learning to drive without snapping the throttle shut. Combined with your calming reassurance and length of experience with this modification I have no worries at all. Plus, I just saved hundreds of dollars.. WoW.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SeeeeeYa is offline   Reply With Quote